Saturday, March 19, 2011

Class

(Team meeting on Friday with lunch afterward with Blair!)

Over the last week, we have had the privilege of taking a church planting course at the Bible School. Blair is a pastor of a Wesleyan church in Texas. He flew here last Saturday, (when Philip went into Moscow with Brian) and the classes began on Monday evening. Philip had one church planting class during seminary, but I have never taken a class about church planting. The classes ran from 6pm-9pm each night. Philip and I took turns going to class while the other person put Adalynn down for bed. Philip went Monday evening and then got sick, so I went Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening. (Philip finished out the class by going on Friday and Saturday) I had a great time learning more about vision and the workings of what goes on during a church plant. I also began to feel more of a sense of how important church planting is...everywhere...both here in Russia and in the United States. I learned a lot and really felt the excitement of being on a team that is starting a new church here.
Blair flies home on Monday morning. He is going to be meeting with our new church plant team on Sunday evening. This Sunday is our first Sunday as a "new church". We haven't launched the church yet. We are still in the strategic planning stages, creating a vision for the church as well as bathing the community in prayer.

Thanks for your continual interest in our lives. We have just a little over a week until we are flying back to Indiana for the birth of baby #2! We are packing our things in the midst of classes, meetings, and language tutoring. Funny how your things seem to "grow" once they get out of your suitcase...things never fit back in your suitcase the same way! (don't worry, Mom and Dad G. we aren't bringing back as many suitcases as we brought:)!)

Blessings,
Philip, Kara, Adalynn, and baby Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment