
The picture above is what we look like learning the Russian language through Rosetta Stone...The picture below is sometimes how we feel learning the Russian language!!

Philip and I have been so blessed to be able to get a jump start on learning the Russian language! We were given a gift a few months back that enabled us to purchase Rosetta Stone! We have been trying to be faithful in our lessons, but it just isn't the same when someone (a teacher) is standing over you holding you accountable for your work! We have been doing well though and have learned some words in Russian like woman, man, girl, boy, cook, bicycle, hello, goodbye, sandwich, egg, and many more. I have the hardest time saying the word for sandwich! I say it over and over and Rosetta Stone keeps saying that I am saying it incorrectly! The other day I seriously said it about 15 times...my patience was running thin! Anyway, I decided when we get to Russia, I won't be eating any sandwiches for sometime! Seriously, though we are so thankful for this time right now to be learning Russian. As you know we are praying and anticipating to have all our support raised by late next spring so we can leave for language school at the beginning of the summer. We will be attending language school at Columbia International University in Columbia, South Carolina. They have a Russian Language Institute that we will be a part of for 8 weeks. (check out the link to the right) Following language school we will depart for Russia in the late summer.
Praise the Lord because...we are
21% funded as of early this week!!! We are getting closer and praise the Lord for opening doors and working on people's hearts to be a part of this ministry!
Blessings,
Philip, Kara, and baby Adalynn
Aw, no sandwiches for you, huh? :-) Hang in there... You will get it! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete- Hannah